Skin Issues & Skin Disorders
Skin disorders such as eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Dermatitis, etc. Your skin may need a psychologist
- It’s itchy, painful and causes severe discomfort
- Dealing is frustrating and evokes feelings of helplessness and lack of control of the situation
- It’s embarrassing and decreasing the self-esteem
- Nutritional imbalances, radiation, smoking and unhealthy lifestyle affect the health of the skin
- Allergies and / or sensitivities to foods, beverages and environmental factors can cause skin problems
Conventional solutions: creams, lotions, avoiding foods, antibiotics and steroids do not cure the root cause. At best they keep the symptoms on the back burner until the next outbreak
The skin is the display window of the mental and physical condition of the person
The body’s responses to prolonged stress cause physiological responses which immediately affect skin condition and looks like:
- Acne and subcutaneous fat are formed due to increased secretion of stress hormones like cortisol.
- Itching, swelling and redness are created in response to excessive secretion of neuropeptides at the nerve ending of the skin.
- Flaky skin and infection resulting of an overactive immune system.
- Flushing or pale skin color are created because of the excessive expansion or contraction of blood vessels in response to stress.
- Shingles outbreak, herpes and cold sores related to an imbalance in the immune system that allows dormant viruses become active.
- Healing and regeneration of skin cells becomes slow and delayed as a result of increased threat and stress. In these situations most of the body’s resources are directed to emergency response and slowing of metabolism, healing processes and renewal.
IPEC Therapy, an holistic therapy, helps to successfully solve persisting skin problems
The therapist diagnoses using biofeedback of the muscular system to find out which causes the symptoms of skin problems to arise. Using muscle testing, the skin “talks and tells” what bothers and upsets him. The therapist helps the client to release the emotional/physical stresses from the system, naturally, in a non invasive, pleasant and relaxing manner, and allows the skin get healed, renewed and back to be smooth and healthy.
What do you need to know about skin?
We don’t realize it but our skin is an organ just like the heart, lung and liver. Actually, it is the body’s largest organ and perhaps it’s most sensitive. The skin has a large amount of nerve endings networked through the entire skin, to sense the outside environment and react to it and it is closely connected with our nervous system and brain.
The skin is also our boundary with the outside world. Researchers studying the field of mind-skin connection have discovered that the body’s reaction to feelings of high alert and difficulties to protect psychological boundaries like saying “no”, setting limits and expressing emotions, creates stress, that if not released, can find its way out to the surface, often through the skin.
How can emotional turmoil trigger or aggravate skin problems?
Unresolved Stress and emotional factors can affect the skin health by setting off several physiological reactions in the body:
- Release of hormones like Cortisol that thicken hair follicle cells and increase oil production, the perfect recipe for Acne.
- Release of neuropeptides, chemicals unleashed from nerve endings in the skin that leave it red, itchy and inflamed.
- Production of T- cells by the immune system, the skin’s infection fighters that overreact, causing redness, flake and scale.
- Blood vessels under stress become more reactive; either constricted (so skin looks pale or yellow) or opening too widely (causing the skin to flush).
Stress can tip the balance between dormant viruses and immune system and lead to an outbreak of shingles, herpes and cold sores. Stress also affects the skin’s repair mechanisms and that is why it takes longer than usual to heal. Many times, the efforts to avoid stressful situations and the feelings aroused because of it, trigger the skin symptoms.What can be done if your skin problems just don’t go away?
If you suffer from some chronic skin problems that don’t go away with dermatological medical treatment, we offer a highly effective treatment to clear your skin problems from the inside out.
IPEC Therapy® is an integrative body-mind treatment that helps you transform the way your body and mind react to stress, so it doesn’t have to flair you skin. Using the natural biofeedback system in your body, your skin clears up naturally and you develop psychological resilience to deal with stress in healthy ways without aggravating your skin.
For more information on the treatment of skin problems with IPEC Therapy you can contact Dr. Uri Kenig or a certified IPEC therapist in the therapists index in the website.